The creation and dissemination of child sexual abuse material (CSAM) is an abhorrent crime and Pornhub is committed to the fight against the distribution of CSAM. We have a zero-tolerance policy toward child sexual abuse material on our platform, as well as toward those who produce, disseminate, as well as seek out and consume CSAM. Any content featuring or depicting a child is strictly forbidden on our platform and is deemed to constitute a grave violation of our Terms of Service. For the purposes of this policy, a child is any person under eighteen (18) years of age. We report all cases of apparent child sexual abuse material that we are made aware of to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), a nonprofit that refers cases to law enforcement globally.
Furthermore, we, at Pornhub, endorse and are committed to remaining in alignment with the objectives reflected in the Eleven (11) Voluntary Principles; a collaborative initiative launched by the Five Country Ministerial* and industry-leading tech companies to counter online child sexual exploitation and abuse (CSEA). Whilst some bad actors seek to exploit advances in technology and the digital world, we believe robust, efficient, and flexible policies, as well as global cross-sector collaboration, can effectively eradicate the spread of online abuse and will continue to adhere to these crucial commitments.
* The Five Country Ministerial is made up of the Homeland Security, Public Safety and Immigration Ministers of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States, who gather annually to collaborate on meeting common security challenges.
DO NOT post content that*:
- Involves a child: any content that features, involves, or depicts a child.
- Sexualizes a child: any content that features or depicts a child (including any illustrated, computer-generated, or other forms of realistic depictions of a human child) engaged in sexually explicit conduct, or engaged in sexually suggestive acts.
* This serves as an indicative list and does not constitute an exhaustive list. For the full description, please review our Terms of Service, under the section entitled, Prohibited Uses. Pornhub reserves the right at all times to determine whether content is appropriate and in compliance with our terms of service, and may remove any content at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, if such content is found to be in violation of our terms of service or is otherwise objectionable.
Our team of human moderators actively work around the clock to review all content uploaded to our platform in order prevent any illegal content from being featured on our platform, remove any content that may violate our Terms of Service, and report any apparent child sexual abuse material identified or that we are made aware of. We also regularly audit our websites to update and expand our list of banned search words, titles and tags, to ensure our community remains safe, inclusive, diverse, and free from abusive and illegal content.
In conjunction with our team of human reviewers and regular audits, we also rely on innovative industry-standard technical tools to assist in identifying, reporting, and removing this illegal content. We use automated detection technologies as added layers of protection to keep unauthorized content off our platform.
These technologies include:
- Youtube’s CSAI Match, a tool that assists in identifying known child sex abuse videos;
- Microsoft’s PhotoDNA, a tool that aids in detecting and removing known images of child sexual abuse;
- Google's Content Safety API, a cutting-edge artificial intelligence (AI) tool that scores and prioritizes content based on the likelihood of illegal imagery to assist reviewers in detecting unknown CSAM.
Together, these tools play a fundamental role in our fight against the unwanted dissemination of CSAM on our platform, as well as our mission to assist in collective industry efforts to eradicate the horrendous global crime that is online child sexual exploitation and abuse.
We also use the MediaWise® service from Vobile®, a state-of-the-art fingerprinting software and database that helps safeguard against the re-uploading of violative content on our platform by scanning new uploads for potential matches to unauthorized materials.We also encourage users to immediately alert us should they identify any content constitutes a violation of this policy. Anyone can report violations of this policy, whether they have an account or not.
If you believe a child is in imminent danger, you should reach out to your local law enforcement agency to report the situation immediately.
You may also choose to reach out to and report cases of child sexual exploitation or abuse material to any of the following resource organizations dedicated to fighting eliminating child sexual abuse from the internet below. Reports can be made anonymously. Your reports make a difference. Every image removed helps prevent the re-victimization of the children involved.Global Directory
International Association of Internet Hotlines
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC)
Canadian Centre for Child Protection
First, we would like to extend our gratitude to NCMEC for allowing Pornhub to participate in their Electronic Service Provider (ESP) program and become one of the 1,400+ companies helping to stamp out CSAM on the web.
In early 2020, Pornhub made the decision to voluntarily register with NCMEC’s ESP program as part of our initiative to set up an automated reporting system for content that we have deemed may violate our CSAM policy. This year, NCMEC also made the decision to allow member ESPs to hyperlink to the numbers in order to provide context. As such, we are extremely grateful for the opportunity that NCMEC has extended to Pornhub in order to allow us to explain the reporting data and provide more transparency to the public.
NCMEC’s 2020 report indicates that Pornhub submitted over 13,000 reports of potential CSAM. This number includes several thousand duplicates, with most reports submitted multiple times in an abundance of caution. We have confirmed the number of unique reports submitted to NCMEC is 4,171 and have communicated with NCMEC to accurately annotate the remaining reports as duplicates. To be clear, a significant portion of these 4,171 instances were caught by our moderation practices. We always work with NCMEC, law enforcement and any other authorities to ensure that we can do our part to stamp out CSAM on the internet and assist in bringing to justice those committing these crimes.
We are deeply committed to being as transparent and accurate as possible, and being a leader in eradicating abusive content from the internet. We will continue to do our part to ensure Pornhub is free from any illegal content.