The Pornhub platform is intended to be a secure and sex-positive space for adult viewing and adult content only. We take seriously our commitment to the safety of our users and integrity of our platform by taking proactive measure to ensure that our platform is :
- Strictly reserved for those of legal age only, and strictly of content featuring only those over eighteen (18) years of age (or older in any other location in which 18 is not the minimum age of majority); and
- Free from abusive content that depicts a person under eighteen (18) years of age (for the purposes of our child sexual abuse material policy), as well as those who should seek to consume said abhorrent content.
As is clearly outlined in our Terms of Service, access to our platform is strictly limited to those who affirm that :
- They are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or older in any other location in which 18 is not the minimum age of majority) from which our platform is accessed.
- Are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in our Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with said Terms of Service .
- The jurisdiction from which they access our platform does not prohibit the receiving or viewing of sexually explicit content.
In order to help enforce our terms and assist in restricting access to minors, we have ensured that Pornhub is, and remains, fully RTA [Restricted to Adults] compliant, and allows every page to be blocked by simple parental control tools.
We urge parents to monitor their children’s online activity and implement parental controls as appropriate to keep their children safe in the digital age. We firmly believe that parents are best placed to police their children’s activity using the plethora of tools already available in modern operating systems and devices.
We have set out below some simple guidelines and advice on how to limit the potential for your child to access inappropriate content .
How to Make the Web Child-Friendly: Recommended Software
The unfortunate truth is that the internet cannot substitute for parental guidance. Fortunately, there are some very effective ways to present children stumbling across, or searching for, violent or adult content, and they only take a few minutes to set up.
Many popular operating systems, internet browsers, and sites, have settings to limit exposure to material that may not be child appropriate. For example, you can create a separate account for your family members in Windows 10 and block inappropriate websites across all Windows 10 devices for children when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. In addition, you can block your child's account from installing software without your permission. Full details are available on Microsoft's dedicated Family Safety site.
In terms of individual sites, Google has a feature known as ‘SafeSearch’ which helps users block explicit content from Google search results.
App stores on many devices have parental control settings built in that that prevent apps containing certain content from downloading. The Google Play store on Android devices allows parents to restrict certain types of content from downloading. It can limit not only apps but also movies, television shows, music and books. Apple's iOS devices contain multiple parental controls which can be enabled on iPhones, iPads, and other iOS devices that can prevent children from accessing inappropriate content.
There are a number of apps and related software designed to restrict children’s ability to view certain content.
There are many to choose from. Some options are listed below:
- Google Family Link – This app is free to download and works across all modern Android devices. This app allows parents to manage other apps, monitor screen time and lock devices from a distance.
- HomeHalo – This UK-based product involves a combination of a router mailed to the owner’s home and an app to control internet usage of everyone in a household. It allows features such as limiting the time of day users are allowed on and a ‘homework mode’ to minimise distractions. It is one of the most expensive options but also among the most comprehensive.
- Qustodio Parental Control 2015 – This tool is available across multiple devices, though its iOS features are more limited. It features many different plans based on the number of people per family.
Sending your children onto the internet can be a scary proposition. While you may use the internet to do some shopping, pay your bills, or read the news, children’s online experiences are vastly different, and therefore, harder to understand and manage for parents.
The online experience for children may include a daily onslaught of cyberbullying, cyber-predators and phishing scams. Beyond this, kids can get into trouble by sharing inappropriate content on social media sites like Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook. Many Internet Service Providers offer parental controls to prevent your children from accessing certain content or social media apps. Check your ISP's website for details.
Though the situation sounds bleak, there are impressive Parental Control tools available to aid parents in monitoring and controlling what online content their children have access to. When evaluating which Parental Control solution provides the best chance to combat the threats facing your children, keep the following thoughts in mind:
- Children today are connected to the internet through a myriad of devices (tablets, smartphones, laptops, etc), so whichever Parental Control solution is selected, it should monitor and control every device
- Many Parental Control solutions promise to block inappropriate websites, but without the ability to control access to apps, the solution will do little to help in controlling online behavior, such as bullying
- Be sure to select a solution that provides the ability to limit the amount of time a child can be online, or at least allows parents to set a daily schedule detailing when children are allowed to be online
- To avoid unwanted data from falling into hands of criminals who prey upon children, be sure the solution is able to analyze emails, social network chats, and instant messages for personal data
Pornhub is fully RTA compliant as rated by the Association of Sites Advocating Child Protection (ASACP), and, as a reminder, is strictly reserved for those of legal age only.