How can I adjust how ads are targeted to me based on my activity on or off of Facebook?
Over the next few months, we're updating how www.facebook.com looks. Learn more about how to switch between New and Classic Facebook. Click below to go to the directions for the version you're using.
To show you better ads, we use data that advertisers and other partners provide us about your activity off Facebook Company Products. We offer several ways to control the ads you see based on your activity off of Facebook.
Our ads based on data from partners setting in your ads preferences can give you more control over this activity. It controls whether we show you ads based on your use of websites and apps off Facebook Company Products, and it also controls ads based on data we receive from partners about your offline activity. You can review these choices at any time.
To view your ad settings based on data from partners:
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Click Ads in the left sidebar.
- Below Ad Settings, click Ads based on data from partners and review your choice in this setting.
- Click at the top right of Facebook and select Settings.
- Click Ads.
- Scroll down and click Ad settings.
- Click Ads based on data from partners and review your choice in this setting.
Note: We adhere to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising and participate in the opt-out programs established by the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. You can opt out from all participating companies through these sites.