A place to freely discuss and investigate the current US housing bubble. Share evidence, zillow screenshots and other interesting items.
1. No personal attacks against other /r/REBubble participants.
- Disagreement is encouraged, but disrespect is not. Attack the argument, not the person when replying to other users within the subreddit.
2. Absolutely no brigading of other Reddit communities.
- Crossposting "case study" posts/comments to discuss examples of bubble behavior, or any content relevant to REBubble from other communities is completely fine. Nearly anything goes when discussing these crossposts, as long as all comments stay within the /r/REBubble comment section of the crosspost. Do not use these links to engage with the source subreddit in any manner that would violate their rules or the Reddit content policy, and do not encourage any users to do the same.
3. No notifying "case study" crosspost OPs of their appearance on /r/REBubble.
- Reddit users are not notified when their posts are crossposted to another community. Do not attempt to notify these users in any way that their post/comment has been featured on /r/REBubble. This includes but is not limited to contacting the OP of the crosspost via PM, replying to one of their comments or posts to inform them of the /r/REBubble submission, or tagging their username anywhere within the subreddit.
4. No low effort submissions which serve only to troll or bait the REBubble community.
- Dissenting opinions from real estate bulls and bubble doubters are welcomed and even encouraged. We have no desire to forcefully create yet another echo chamber community on Reddit. Anecdotes, speculation, and data is welcome from all sides. That said, posts which are low effort and appear to be attempts to inflame or bait REBubble community members rather than generate an honest discussion will be removed at moderator discretion.
5. No politics.
- Politics and government policy inform economic activity within the residential housing market. However, politics and discussions involving the arguing for or against political ideologies including, but not limited to, liberalism, conservatism, Democratic, Republican, civil rights, nationalism, and globalism are strictly prohibited. The endorsement or opposition of any political party or politician is strictly prohibited. Other mentions of party or politician are at moderator discretion.